Saturday 15 December 2012

Paper-piecing Christmas

Hi all,

Well it's been a week of getting more Christmas cards made and I've even written some. Few pressies wrapped in time for my Mum's visit this week.
It was my last day at work till after Christmas so we made Christmas dinner - the learners did a fabulous job and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was also invited to the Thursday group class Christmas dinner which was lovely too.  So I've done nothing but eat this week.  My week was finished off with a lovely visit from my Mum and her husband Bob - so lovely to catch up with them. Then yesterday I got my hair done  -  very busy week..... Anyway enough chatting here's the card I made today:
I used some freebie Polkadoodle boy and gloves stamped.Paper-pieced parts of the boys clothing and the gloves with newspaper and coloured the rest with promarkers, Polkadoodle paper and sentiment.Cut a tree out of the backing paper using my Marianne designs tree die then cut a tree out of green paper and embossed with dotty cuttlebug folder. Bakers twine and card candi were used too.

Challenges:
Polkadoodle week 49-paper-piecing-with-newspaper
christmas blog challenge - O-christmas-tree
i love promarkers challenge-147-one-for-boys
Partytime tuesdays ptt98-kids-christmas
marianne design divas its-christmas - used tree die
here come the boys blog challenge 42-anything-goes-xmas-candy

Well I'm going to watch the rest of Strictly by the xmas tree we managed to get put up yesterday. Bit late but hey ho that's life.  See you soon and lovely to see some new followers.

Love Debs x

10 comments:

Basslady said...

how cute and adorable, hun!

i love the dp!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Sandra H said...

Oooooooh this is adorable Debbie l like everything about it x

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation just love the interpretation of the tree, thank you for playing along at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs and Xmas Wishes
Kate xx

Anjie said...

Great card Deb, the layout is perfect.
Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
Anjie

Wendy Fraser said...

Super male card, love the embossed trees. Thanks for joining us at I Love promarkers xx

Jules said...

Hi Debbie

It sounds like you have been busy and are cracking on nicely with your Christmas preparations.

Your Christmas card is lovely and I love the little mittens on the tree.

Hope you have had a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the colours!
Hugs Shell xx

alethea said...

I love how you used the news paper print for his pants! What a fab idea!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!! HUgsxx

Lisa said...

Love the different colours on this card. Thank you for joining us at Here Come The Boys blog challenge
Lisa xx

Blankina said...

Hi, what a lovely card. Great use of the Christmastree die of Marianne Design.

Thank you so much for joining in at our Christmas challenge at MARIANNE DESIGN DIVA'S, good luck
and the best wishes,

MDD DT Blankina










Can't beat a bit of Plaid/Tartan

  Hello all, It is the 1st March 2024 and I'm here to share my card for our challenge over at  Sparkles Christmas Debbie  chose the them...